When you order pizza out you are taking a risk of getting some serious toxic ingredients along with it. Most of the meats are full of preservatives and nitrates!
Once you try making this Healthy Sun-Dried Tomato Grilled Pizza at home you will understand how good and truly healthy, pizza can be.
Healthy Sun-Dried Tomato Grilled Pizza
- 3 ⅓ cups of organic flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup of dark beer
- ¾ cup hot water
- 1 package active yeast
- One jar of California Sun-dry tomato pasta sauce
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- In your KitchenAid mixing bowl add your hot water, beer and yeast. Make sure the temperature of the liquid is warm, not too cold or hot. Let set for 5 minutes. The yeast should bubble a bit if they yeast is good and active.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and mix with your dough hook for 7 minutes. If your dough is too dry, add a bit more water, if it's too wet, add a bit of flour. It needs to come together and be soft and moist, but not dry or super sticky.
- Take the bowl off the mixer and take out the dough. Add some olive oil to the mixing bowl and add your dough back in. With your dough spread the oil around your bowl as well as coating the dough to keep it moist. Cover with a towel and let rise for one hour.
- Once the dough has risen. Break off into 6 even pieces of dough and roll a piece of dough out think. Place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper between each dough piece to keep them from sticking. Once all rolled out cover with a cloth to keep from drying out.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Place the sauce in a pan and simmer for 20 minutes on low, for flavors to come together.
- Ingredients ideas for toppings
- Organic Olives
- Artichoke hearts
- Fresh spinach
- Hot peppers
- California Sun-Dry tomato pieces
- Uncured Pepperoni
- Grilled chicken
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Goat cheese
- Blue cheese
- Fresh basil
- Olive for brushing both sides of each pizza
- Take all of your ingredients out to the grill. Cook one pizza at a time. Have each person make their own creation and have fun with pizza night!
- Brush each side of the pizza with olive oil, lightly sauce each pizza, and remember to be really fast when putting on your toppings. Have your grill right at 350 degrees and get your crust nice and brown!