This could be one of the best chicken burger recipes you have made! The burgers are full of flavor, moist and tender. Using the sun dried tomatoes in the chicken mixture gives these burgers a slam dunk in the flavor department!
Make sure that you cook the burgers just until done. 165 degrees. If you overcook the burgers the chicken will dry out fast.
These little tasty gems are great on lettuce or cabbage leaves if you are cutting out bread, or just serve them by themselves with a large green salad.
Spicy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Burgers
- 2 pounds of organic ground chicken burger
- beaten 1 farm fresh egg
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes chopped fine
- 2 roasted green chilies peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green cabbage chopped
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 of a jalapeno seeded and chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- In a large bowl take your chicken burger and all other ingredients and tenderly mix your mixture together. Pop back in the fridge for one hour to let the flavors blend and bring the meat back to a cold temperature. The colder the better, when making burgers.
- After one hour take the mixture out of the frig and patty out 6 burgers. Place on a cookie sheet and place back into fridge for another 15 minutes. Keeping the meat cold keeps your burgers from falling apart
- Heat your grill to a medium high heat, wipe your grill with a paper towel dipped in some sort of cooking oil. This will help your burgers not stick to the grill grate. Chicken meat does not have much fat, so adding lots of flavor and chilling the meat well will make your burgers moist and stick together. Place burgers on the oiled grill and cook for 7 minutes on each side. Check the temp to see that they are at least 165 degrees. Place on a plate and cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a healthy salad and enjoy this heart healthy recipe!