Wild Caught Cilantro Shrimp Served with Creamy Avocado and topped on a Cucumber Slice
Party finger food
3 hours prep time for all steps
Use organic products if possible
- 1 pound of large wild caught shrimp peeled
- ½ bunch of cilantro washed and chopped fine
- 2 limes zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ serrano chili chopped fine
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons of cold pressed avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon of pink himalayan salt and coarse black pepper
- 1 large english cucumber
- ¼ cup organic white vinegar
- 2 medium ripe avocado taken out of the skin and placed in a small bowl
- ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper
- Juice of half a lime
- In medium bowl add all of your ingredients and whisk well. Take about 2 tablespoons of your marinate and reserve in a small container.
- Pour your marinade in a large baggie, along with the raw shrimp and close the baggie and force out all of the extra air. Move the shrimp around with your hands and make sure all of the shrimp are coated with the marinate. Place your bag of shrimp in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Wash and dry your cucumber. Slice medium thick slices all the way down the cucumber. Place your cucumber slices in bowl and pour over the vinegar. Let sit for one hour in fridge.
- Smash your avocado with your lime, salt and pepper until nice a smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and set in refrigerator while your shrimp marinates.
- Final Product
- After two hours take out your shrimp. Drain your shrimp in a colander to get all of the marinate moisture off. Place your shrimp evenly on a baking sheet. You want each shrimp to have its own space. Drizzle with a bit more avocado oil. Bake your shrimp at 400 degrees for 12 minutes. Your shrimp should be pink and slightly turned and curled in. Over cooking shrimp makes them tough, so watch your time.
- Take your shrimp off hot pan and place in bowl. Put back in refrigerator and let cool down.
- While your shrimp is cooling off, drain your cucumbers and pat dry with a couple of paper towels.
- Lay out each cucumber slice evenly on platter.
- Now it's time to top each cucumber slice with a bit of avocado cream. Using a smalls spoon, take a bit of cream and spread it evenly over each cucumber slice.
- Take out your shrimp and place one shrimp on top of each cucumber and avocado slice. Take your reserved marinade and carefully spoon a tiny bit of marinate over each shrimp. You can serve immediately or place your platter of shrimp in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before your company arrives.