Spicy sautéed summer Fiesta
Paleo – Gluten free – Low Carb
Fresh corn and garden veggies are aplenty in August. Here is a unique recipe to use up your harvest bounty, without getting bored of the same old thing.
Spicy Sautéed Summer Fiesta
- 3 pieces of uncured bacon cut in pieces
- 1 large organic onion chopped
- Cut off the cob (if low carb omit corn, add yellow squash 4 ears of organic corn
- 5 leaves with stem removed or so of organic Swiss chard chopped
- 5 leaves of collard greens with stems removed chopped
- 4 roasted green chilies chopped
- Use whatever you have on hand 10 organic mushrooms chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 cups of organic baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon pink salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh chopped basil
- In large frying pan, cook your bacon until crisp. Add your onions, mushrooms, corn, salt, pepper and garlic and Sautee for 5 minutes or so. Add your roasted chopped chilies, Swiss Chard and collard greens and basil. Cook for 5 minutes until the greens get a bright green, but still a bit firm.
- Once your greens get a bit soft add your spinach and shut off burner. Keep stirring until the heat of the dish wilts your spinach. Taste to adjust salt and pepper.