Spicy sautéed summer Fiesta
Paleo – Gluten free – Low Carb
Fresh corn and garden veggies are aplenty in August. Here is a unique recipe to use up your harvest bounty, without getting bored of the same old thing.
Spicy Sautéed Summer Fiesta
Fresh corn and garden veggies are aplenty in August. Here is a unique recipe to use up your harvest bounty, without getting bored of the same old thing. Using a few pieces of uncured, natural bacon and fresh roasted chilies is the secret! You can use just about any veggie. It’s great with summer squash or zucchini, even eggplant is delicious.
- 3 pieces of uncured bacon cut in pieces
- 1 large organic onion chopped
- Cut off the cob (if low carb omit corn, add yellow squash 4 ears of organic corn
- 5 leaves with stem removed or so of organic Swiss chard chopped
- 5 leaves of collard greens with stems removed chopped
- 4 roasted green chilies chopped
- Use whatever you have on hand 10 organic mushrooms chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 cups of organic baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon pink salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh chopped basil
- In large frying pan, cook your bacon until crisp. Add your onions, mushrooms, corn, salt, pepper and garlic and Sautee for 5 minutes or so. Add your roasted chopped chilies, Swiss Chard and collard greens and basil. Cook for 5 minutes until the greens get a bright green, but still a bit firm.
- Once your greens get a bit soft add your spinach and shut off burner. Keep stirring until the heat of the dish wilts your spinach. Taste to adjust salt and pepper.