Roasted Winter Vegetable Cream Soup
Gluten Free/ Paleo/Vegetarian Option/Dairy Free
Paleo Organic Roasted Winter Vegetable Cream Soup
//z-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/onejs?MarketPlace=US This soup tastes so decadent and creamy, but the calories and fat are low. The soup is full of nutrition such as potassium, magnesium, copper, vitamin A, C K, and many other healthy yummies. It's quick, fast and an easy way to use up leftover roasted winter veggies or bake a big batch of veggies and make a large pot of soup. The recipe below makes a hearty side dish as well. If using the leftovers of the veggies, just cut the recipe in half. This soup is very hearty. Add a salad for a complete meal.
Healthy Paleo and Gluten Free Recipes
Sign Up and get 5 Yum So Fresh Healthy Recipes for your family. Plus 1 New Recipe Each Week On Thursday!
- Roasted Winter Veggies
- Two Organic Sweet Potatoes cut into cubes
- Three Large Organic Carrots cut the same size as the sweet potatoes
- One Small Butternut Squash peeled seeded and cut into cubes the same size as the other veggies
- One Small Eggplant cut into same size pieces as other veggies
- One Teaspoon Fresh Rosemary Chopped fine
- One Tablespoon Fresh Parsley Chopped fine
- One Teaspoon Fresh Thyme chopped fine
- One Tablespoon Honey
- One Teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- Three Tablespoons Organic Olive oil
- Serve the Roasted Veggies as a side dish or make into soup
- One Can Coconut Milk
- 3 Cups Veggie or Chicken Stock. Organic and low sodium
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- More Chopped Fresh Herbs.. say a ½ Teaspoon of each
- Prepping Vegetables
- On cookie sheet put all veggies and herbs. Drizzle with honey and olive oil and salt and pepper. With your hands toss until evenly coated. Bake veggies at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Check and see if they are tender and caramelized. Leave 10 minutes longer, if you feel they need to bake a bit more.
- In your, Vitamix put your roasted veggies, coconut milk, broth, salt, pepper and fresh herbs. Mix until smooth. You can leave it a bit chunky or blend until smooth and creamy. If too thick add more stock or water. You can make it as thick or as thin as you like. Put in a saucepan and simmer on low for 20 minutes. Don’t let it boil because the coconut milk can curdle.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy.
- Roasted Vegetables