Paleo Crab Cakes
gluten free/low carb
Paleo Crab Cakes Recipe
This recipe is excellent. The cooked cauliflower and the mustard are what makes them. Adding fresh lemon zest and a whole lemon, makes them taste fresh.
Use organic veggies and products, if possible.
5 Free Healthy Paleo and Gluten Free Recipes
Sign Up and get 5 Yum So Fresh Healthy Recipes for your family.
- 1 Pound Canned Crab Meat (Claw meat is fine)
- Red Onion Chopped - ½
- Yellow Pepper chopped - ½
- Two sticks Celery chopped
- Jalapeno chopped - ½
- Cooked Cauliflower chopped fine - 1 Cup
- Chopped Fresh Parsley - 3 Tablespoons
- Egg Beaten - 1
- Coconut Flour - 3 Tablespoons
- Organic Dijon Mustard - 1 Tablespoon
- Paleo Mayo or Veganaise Mayo - Two Tablespoons
- Pink Salt and Pepper - ½ Teaspoon
- Cloves Garlic Chopped - 2
- Lemon Zested and Juiced - 1
- Organic Olive Oil or Coconut Oil for Frying - 2 Tablespoons
In a large bowl mix all ingredients lightly together and let set in the refrigerator for one hour, before frying. The chilling of the mixture allows the flavors to mix, and it’s easier to make the patties stick together.
In large frying pan, pat out crab cakes to the size you want them. I tend to make them smaller, so I can feed more people. Brown on medium heat until nice and crispy on both sides. Takes about seven minutes per side. Serve as an appetizer or as a meal with a salad and veggies.