Panzanella Salad (Bread Salad)
Panzanella Salad (Bread Salad) Recipe
- 4 Cups Bread Pieces Cut Up
- Three Tablespoons Organic Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper Lightly on Bread
- 3 Large Garden Tomatoes different colored varieties, if you have them Chopped
- 1 Red or Green Pepper Chopped
- ½ Red Onion or 5 Green onions cut into small pieces
- 4 Radishes Sliced
- 1 Large Organic Cucumber Chopped
- One Cup Basil Leaves I leave them whole, I like the look
- In large frying pan add three tablespoons of olive oil and heat until hot, but not smoking. Add your bread pieces and salt and pepper. Cook on medium-low heat and toast each side of the bread. You want the bread pieces to be lightly toasted and not burnt. Turn off heat and leave in pan.
- In a large bowl put all of your cut up veggies and herbs. Place in the frig. In small bowl whisk together your dressing and place in frig.
- Right before you serve your meal place bread in the bowl with the veggies and toss in the dressing.
- Serve immediately.