Gluten-free, Vegetarian, and Low Carb Recipe
Paleo Zucchini Fritters Recipe
- 4 cups Grated Zucchini
- ½ Red Onion shredded
- One Yellow Chili Pepper or half a Jalapeno shredded
- Two Cloves of Garlic chopped
- Two tablespoons Basil chopped
- One Farm Fresh Egg beaten
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Flour
- One teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Pepper
- Two tablespoons Organic Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- In a food processor shred your zucchini. Take zucchini out of the food processor and put in the middle of a large piece of cheesecloth. Wrap up tight and squeeze all of the liquid out. Let rest and press again. Press again at least three more times, you want your zucchini dry.
- In mixing bowl put the zucchini, flour, grated onion, peppers, garlic, and basil. Beat egg and put in the mixture along with your salt and pepper. Mix well, but be tender.
- In a large frying pan with hot organic olive oil take about a tablespoon or so of the mixture for each fritter and place in your oil. You should be able to fit about six pancakes per pan.
- On medium heat fry until they are golden brown. This takes a few minutes; you don’t want mushy or undercooked pancakes. Cook all of your fritter batter at this point, it gets too runny after it sits.
- The fritters are good hot or at room temperature. Serve with a cream or basil sauce and top with a bit of smoked salmon for an appetizer.