I love cooking healthy for a gathering or party at the house. This recipe is a perfect recipe to impress your guests and nourish their bodies; You can prep before the party and cooks in a jiffy, when its time to eat.
I like to cut the veggies long and thin and take my time with the prepping of the look of the dish. Using fresh herbs, organic veggies, good olive oil, and fresh garlic take this side dish up a notch, which puts on the entertaining and company approved list.
The main thing to remember with stir frying veggies is that you cook at a high heat, very quickly, and the veggies are ready just when the hard crunch of rawness has softened a bit. You want the veggies a bit crisp and vibrant in color.
Organic Special Enough for Company Stir Fried Veggies
Organic veggie stir fry, good enough for compapy
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 yellow squash in long pieces
- one red onion chopped in chunks
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs of your choice chopped
- one orange pepper cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons of organic olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- half a lemon juiced
- Cut all your veggies and fresh herbs. I used parsley, thyme, and a couple of leaves of sage. It was what I had grown in the garden, use what you have available. You can get everything all prepped before your guests arrive and simply refrigerate. Cook right before eating.
- In a large saute pan or stir-fry pan get your oil hot. Add your veggies, fresh herbs, garlic and salt and pepper and stir quickly. You want to keep your pan hot and cook the veggies in less than five minutes or so. Keep the color bright and the texture firm. Right before you plate them, squeeze fresh lemon over the veggies. Place on a pretty platter, garnish with fresh herbs, and a lemon wedge, and serve.
Healthy Paleo and Gluten Free Recipes
Sign Up and get 5 Yum So Fresh Healthy Recipes for your family. Plus 1 New Recipe Each Week On Thursday!