Roasting asparagus is one of the best ways to cook asparagus and have it keep its flavor. It’s beyond easy and is done perfectly in just minutes in a 400-degree oven. Asparagus is full of vitamin A, E, C, K, folic acid as well as chromium. In addition, asparagus is a wonderful veggie to regulate blood sugars and in most cases is an affordable year long.
Organic Lemony Thyme Asparagus/ Paleo/Vegetarian
Healthy Paleo and Gluten Free Recipes
Sign Up and get 5 Yum So Fresh Healthy Recipes for your family. Plus 1 New Recipe Each Week On Thursday!
- organic 2 bunches or one pound asparagus
- 1 lemon zested and reserved to squeeze over the asaragus
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of organic olive oil
- Wash your asparagus and snap the ends off. Place on a cookie sheet and drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle the lemon zest, fresh thyme, salt and pepper and toss with your hands.
- Bake at 400-degree oven for 10 minutes. Pull out and squeeze half a lemon over finished product. You want your asparagus to be a bit crunchy and hold it's shaped.