Organic Grilled Veggie Platter Recipe
Vegetarrian/ Paleo/ Low Carb/ Gluten Free
Organic Grilled Veggie Platter/ Paleo, Vegetarian
- 4 Zucchini
- 4 Yellow Squash
- Two Eggplant or 12 Mini Eggplants
- 2 Red Pepper
- 2 Yellow Peppers
- Large Bunch of Asparagus
- 2 Bunches of Green Onions
- 1- pint Cherry Tomatoes
- One Pound of Mushrooms
- A variety of fresh Herbs chopped fine
- 3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic chopped for a desired herb flavoring
- Olive oil to drizzle over each veggie bowl probably about one cup total of oil
- Wash and slice your veggies. I like long thin pieces of veggies. If the mushrooms are large, I cut them in half, but if they're small, I leave them whole. I leave the tomatoes whole and the green onions whole. I slice the peppers, round.
- Place each type of veggie in its own bowl. I season each veggie group with olive oil, fresh herbs and salt and pepper. I put fresh chopped rosemary on the squash, fresh parsley on the peppers, fresh thyme on the eggplant and so forth. Each veggies has a bit different flavoring. You want to salt and pepper each bowl of veggies, as well. Toss each bowl very well and make sure the oil and the herbs are mixed well on each piece of veggie.
- On your outside grill start to lay out your veggies on a hot, medium high, heated grill. On veggies that are too small, place a long sheet of foil and put the veggies on that, instead of directly on the grill, this stops them from falling through.
- Grill veggies in batches and start to build your platter. Once the first round of veggies have nice grill marks and are cooked through, place on your platter in piles of each veggie group. Depending on how big your grill is, will depend on how long it will take you to grill them all up.
- Once your platter looks beautiful, and all of your veggies are grilled. Drizzle the veggies with the lemon basil oil. See recipe below.