Natural Smoked Salmon
Paleo/ Gluten Free/ Low Carb
Natural Smoked Salmon Recipe
- One large piece of wild caught salmon half a whole salmon
- Three Tablespoons Organic Olive Oil
- Juice of two lemons Juice of two lemons
- One Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt and pepper
- Two Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Dill
- Two cups smoking chips wrapped in foil with slits put in top, to let the smoke escape
- Rinse your Salmon well and pat dry with paper towels. Place on square cookie sheet. Mix the other ingredients in small bowl and baste on the fish. Let sit for 20 minutes at room temperature with marinate on.
- On your outside gas grill take your front grate and turn sideways. Start your grill with all burners on high. Clean your grill once heated with your grill brush. Take a foil pack of smoking chips and put directly on the far left burners flame. Shut all other burners off, expect the one with the smoking chips. Turn that burner on high. You moved the grate so that you can place the foil pack, directly on the flame.
- Once you start smoking good,
- Put a long piece of foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray and pierced with a few hole slits to let the juices run out, on the part of the grill that has no heat. Place your salmon, skin side down, on the foil. Your salmon should be as far from the heat as possible.
- Let smoke for 45 minutes to an hour, depending if you like your salmon pink in the middle. If you are serving this as an appetizer, let cool completely in the refrigerator and carefully place on large platter. Garnish with dill and lemon wedges.