Luscious Gluten Free Lasagna – Natural and Clean Recipe
Luscious Gluten Free Lasagna
- One-Pound Organic gluten free lasagna noodles some you have to cook; some are pan ready.
- One-Pound Homemade fresh Italian sausage recipe below
- One Large White onion chopped
- One Organic green bell pepper chopped
- One Can Organic tomato sauce 15 ounces or so (watch your sodium and preservatives)
- One jar 15 ounces or so can Organic diced tomatoes
- One cup Organic white wine
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- ¼ cup chopped basil chopped
- ½ teaspoon of hot pepper flakes
- ¼ cup parley for ricotta chopped
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- One tablespoon of fresh chopped rosemary and oregano chopped
- One teaspoon of salt and pepper .. taste at end to make sure you have enough salt
- 15- ounce organic ricotta
- One fresh egg
- 1/3 cup fresh shredded organic parmesan cheese
- 4 cups organic fresh mozzarella
Homemade Sausage Seasonings
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
- Dried fennel
- Dried basil
- Hot pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- In large sauce pan brown your meat until done. Add your onions and pepper and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add your tomatoes, herbs, honey, wine and simmer for 30 minutes on medium low heat.
- Take a medium bowl and mix together your ricotta, egg, parsley and parmesan cheese
- Spray a 13 by 9 glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Layer a ladle of sauce at the bottom of pan
- Add one layer or noodles, spoon a bit of the ricotta cheese over each pasta, top with a big handful of mozzarella cheese and then repeat with sauce. To use all of the pasta sheets you have to be sparing with the ricotta, so that you can get a bit spread on each layer. It’s all about perfect portioning. Take your time and try to make the layers even.
- Finish with a sauce layer and mozzarella cheese on top. Cover with foil that you sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake at 325 for 50 minutes. Take off foil and bake another 15 minutes. Take out of oven and let it rest for 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a yummy side salad and some homemade Italian Dressing.
- I have a local meat market I go. Try to buy fresh, local meats. I like knowing to the best of my knowledge where the meat I am putting in my body is coming from. Many small meat markets have the best meat! To make my sausage, I have them grind a fresh, natural, whole pork butt for me. When you get home put meat in large bowl and add your Italian spices. I put a couple of teaspoons of all of these spices in my sausage. Mix well with your hands.
- Use whatever seasonings and spices you like in your sausage. I also make breakfast sausage with sage. This fresh ground pork sausage is fantastic! So much better for you and tastes much more tender.