Gluten Free- Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms (with Paleo directions)
What a crowd pleaser! Most people love stuffed mushrooms and when you throw in real crab meat, they will be on the serving plate for just minutes before they all disappear.
Gluten Free - Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms
Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms
- Make sure they are tighly closed and firm 15 large brown mushrooms
- One container Fresh picked crab meat refrigerate section by meat
- ½ Red onion
- One stock of celery
- ½ cup fresh spinach chopped one whole cup if making it paleo
- One jalapeño chopped can omit, if you don’t like heat
- 3 tablespoons of some sort of fresh herbs chopped. I used fresh basil and dill
- ½ cup of grated cheese I used some parmesean and mozzarella leave out if Paleo
- Two tablespoons of coconut flour I like a mixed coconut flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One clove chopped garlic
- Olive oil
- One lemon
- Take caps of mushrooms and wipe off with paper towel. Put mushrooms in a baking sheet that they fit in well. So that its full and looks nice. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over mushrooms, salt and pepper a bit, too. You want to flavor the mushrooms, they have no flavor but absorb flavors well.
- Chop all of your veggies, mushroom caps and herbs. Take medium frying pan with olive oil that is hot and saute your veggies for 5 minutes. Add your salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat. Sprinkle in your coconut flour, until mixed well. Add your canned crab meat and cheese. Mix well and taste to make sure your spices are perfect.
- I take small handful of the mixture and make a ball. I carefully place the ball of mixture on each mushroom and push in slightly to make it fit in the mushroom hole. Watch while you are making the filling balls, making sure you have enough for each mushroom to be stuffed.
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle a bit more fresh herbs on top.
- Bake on broil ( have the oven rack one notch down, so its not too close) for 10 to 15 mintues. You have to watch and fill your mushrooms, so that they don’t over cook and jucie out and get too shoft.
Healthy Paleo and Gluten Free Recipes
Sign Up and get 5 Yum So Fresh Healthy Recipes for your family. Plus 1 New Recipe Each Week On Thursday!