Crispy Italian Sausage Pasta Toss
- 1 pound all natural spicy Italian Sausage
- One large yellow onion chopped
- ½ pound of wild mushrooms of your choice
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 tablespoons of good olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese pulled in small pieces
- One lemon zested and juiced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 1 pound cooked pasta of your choice
- Get your water boiling for your pasta. Add your pasta and cook according to your pasta directions. Once the water comes back to a boil after you added your pasta, add your chopped kale for one minutes. Take a spoon with holes and put your kale in a colander. Run under cold water and stop the cooking. Next add your chopped broccoli and let that boil for 3 minutes. Use your spoon and pull the broccoli out of the boiling water and run under cold water to stop the cooking. Step the veggies aside. Once your pasta is cooked strain it and rinse with cold water so that it stops the cooking. Do not over cook your pasta.
- In a large frying pan add your oil. Crumble your Italian sausage and cook on medium high heat until you see the sausage start to get crispy. Add your onions and mushrooms and cook them in the meat mixture until they start to get some browning and good color on them. Caramelizing your onions and mushrooms adds some great flavor! Add your garlic and cook that for one more minute. Next add your chicken broth, white wine, pasta and veggies in the pan with your meat. Add your cheeses and let cook for 3 minutes or so. Add your fresh basil, lemon zest and lemon juice. Serve with a bit more fresh basil and parm cheese.