Autumn Harvest Lentil Soup
Gluten Free/Low Carb/Dairy Free
This soup screams fall! It’s so rich, and full of robust flavor.
Autumn Harvest Lentil Soup Recipe
Healthy Paleo and Gluten Free Recipes
Sign Up and get 5 Yum So Fresh Healthy Recipes for your family. Plus 1 New Recipe Each Week On Thursday!
- One Whole Onion Chopped
- One Bell Pepper any color you have, chopped
- Two Carrots chopped
- One Cup Celery chopped
- One Small Eggplant cut in small pieces or two baby eggplants
- One Red Potato chopped
- Fresh Herbs chopped fine. I used fresh basil, fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, fresh parsley, two tablespoons of each
- Four Leaves of Swiss Chard chopped
- 2 Cups Organic Lentils of your chose
- One Free Range Chicken Breast chopped into small pieces
- Five Slices of Uncured Bacon chopped
- 1 Cup White Wine
- Large Can of Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 6 Cups Water
- Four Cloves Garlic chopped
- One Teaspoon Pink Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- In a large stock pan add your chopped uncured bacon to a hot pan. Stir and cook until almost crisp. Add your cut up chicken and cook until you have beautiful brown pieces, and your bacon is crispy. Put in all of your chopped veggies, except your swiss chard and fresh parsley. Add garlic and herbs and saute for 10 minutes. Add your one cup of white wine and scrape all of the brown, flavor bits at the bottom of the pan. Add your lentils and water and simmer for 45 minutes, on medium low heat.
- Taste as you cook and make sure your salt level is correct. You might want to add more fresh herbs if you feel the soup needs them. 45 minutes in, taste your lentils and see if there mostly tender. It might take up to 50 minutes for them to get soft enough, but leave them a bit firm.
- Turn off your pot and add your swiss chard and fresh parsley. Put the lid on and let sit for 10 minutes or so. Serve in large bowls and enjoy!